#OCEANS 70/20 competition for Ndlambe Schools
Objective of the competition:
- encourage schools to improve the state of the environment by using marine resources sustainably.
- provide everyone with opportunities to acquire the knowledge, values, attitude, commitment and skills needed to protect and enhance the environment.
- give learners an opportunity to be actively involved towards resolution of environmental issues.
Who will participate?
The Competition is open to all schools in the Ndlambe Municipality.
- Learners are encouraged to show their creativity and understanding of the theme when presenting their work.
- The project must be run by Learners under the supervision of Management & Staff of the school.
- Learners may look at these alternative topics when working on their projects.
- Art development activities – Paintings, drawing, posters, etc.
- Re-use of recycled materials to create art related to marine life.
- Poems and Essays
Participants will be assessed according to the following criteria:
1. Subject knowledge
Three winners per event site will be selected based on the highest scores attained.
All winners per school Prizes:
Dept. of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (Port Alfred and Port Elizabeth) – Sponsorship of equipment (computer and fax) and resources (stationary) as prizes for competition.
Complimentary tickets to visit Bayworld Oceanarium and SAMREC.
For more information contact: Xolani.Charlie@dedea.gov.za